A group is a specific combination of user rights and users. The members of a specific group (all users with the specified rights or the selected list of users) have.
Groups can be created and edited.
To create a group:
1.Navigate to the Groups page by selecting Main Menu
2.Select the Groups tab from the main navigation bar. The Groups page opens, listing the Groups.
3.Click the + Add Group button. The Add Group modal window opens at the Metadata page.
4.Enter the name of the group in the Name field. A name is required in order to create the group, and cannot exceed 128 characters.
5.Enter a description of the group in the Description field (optional). Character limit is 255.
6.Click the Next button. The view changes to the Rights page.
7.Select one or more rights (<Shift+click> on names) from the Select Rights panel.
Enter a term (such as "user") in the Search field to list rights containing that term.
8. Click the Add Right button. The selected rights are moved from the Select Rights panel to the Added Rights panel.
9. Repeat steps 7 and 8 as needed to add rights.
Rights can be removed from the Added Rights panel by selecting them and clicking the Remove Right button. They are placed back into the Select Rights panel.
10. Click the Next button. The view changes to the Users page.
11. Select one or more users (<Shift+click> on names) from the Users panel.
Enter a name or part of a name in the Search field to list the users containing that text.
12. Click the Add user button. The selected users are removed from the Users panel and are added to the Selected Users panel.
13. Repeat steps 12 and 13 as needed to add users.
Users can be removed from the Selected users panel by selecting them and clicking the Remove User button. They are placed back into the Users panel.
14. Click the Next button. The view changes to the Summary page.
15. Review the information in the summary.
- If everything is correct, proceed to step 16.
- If you need to change any of the information, rights, or users, click the Previous button or click the page name in the progress bar to return to the desired page. Make changes as needed there, and then click the Next button or click on the Summary page name to return to the Summary page. Then proceed to step 16.
16. Click the Create button. The Add Group modal window closes, a success message is displayed, and the group is added to the Groups list.
To edit a group:
- Navigate to the Groups page by selecting Main Menu > Organization . The User page opens listing any existing users.
- Select the Groups tab from the main navigation bar. The Groups page opens, listing the Groups.
- Select the applicable group to edit by clicking on the linked name in the Name column. The Group Details window opens.
- Select and edit Group, Rights, or Users as applicable:
- Groups — Group Name and Description can be changed
- Rights — Rights can be added to the group or existing rights can be removed
- Users — Users can be added to the group or removed
- When all changes have been made click the Save button. The file is saved with the new changes.
The Save button remains unavailable (grayed out) until a change is made within a text field